Monday, 9 December 2013

The Fun Theory Part 14: Cyber Smash - A Zane Truesdale Story

Hello everyone! It's been months since I posted my last entry, and it was really beyond my control. University life is getting really tough now that I'm a sophomore and the race is on. However, my exams have finally ended and its time to brush my hand across the glittering dust that have laid to rest upon my precious decks.

Being months away from the game, I really have no idea what is going on. Going to locals is merely a task to oil my rusty skills in piloting my Jinzo deck. However, the newest OCG structure deck "Lightning Strike of the Mechlight Dragon" has caught my interest!


Just like the previous Blue-eyes deck, this deck features 2 Ultra Rares instead of just one. However, I do feel that "Cyber Repair Plant" deserves a foil slot instead of "Cyber Twin Dragon" as the former is just such an awesome support card for Cyber Dragon decks.


Name: Cyber Repair Plant
Spell/ Normal
Effect: If "Cyber Dragon" is in your Graveyard: Activate 1 of these effects. If there are 3 or more "Cyber Dragons" in your Graveyard, you can activate both of these effects. You can only activate 1 "Cyber Repair Plant" per turn.
● Add 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.
● Target 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard; shuffle that target into the Deck.

Having a ROTA for "Cyber Dragon" is always nice, and its amazing how we can actually use both effects merely by having 3 "Cyber Dragon" in the grave, which is really easy considering they also released two brand new effect monsters, which are namely Cyber Dragon Core and Cyber Dragon Drei . (You can check out the effects of these cards by clicking on the wikia link)

Other than that, Cyber Dragon has also reached a brand new level with their awesome new Xyz monster, Cyber Dragon Nova ! Alongside is also a brand new trap card, Cyber Network.

Overall, I think that this new structure deck is really awesome and Konami has really outdone themselves by bringing Zane Truesdale back to the spotlight. With all these new card information exploding in my brain, I decided to try them out out Dueling Network.

After one day of playtesting, I found a build I really like and decided to make this post after such a long time. Presenting to you.........the "Cyber Smash" deck!


Monsters (19):
[3] Cyber Dragon
[3] Cyber Dragon Core
[3] Cyber Dragon Drei
[1] Honest
[2] Chronomaly Nebra Disk
[3] Chronomaly Golden Jet
[3] Effect Veiler
[1] Cyber Elthnin

Spells (11):
[1] Overload Fusion
[3] Cyber Repair Plant
[2] Mystical Space Typhoon
[2] D.D.R
[2] Instant Fusion
[1] Dark Hole

Traps (10):
[2] Call of the Haunted
[1] Return from the Different Dimension
[2] Mirror Force
[1] Bottomless Trap Hole
[2] Dimensional Prison
[1] Cyber Network
[1] Torrential Tribute

Extra (15):
[1] Cyber Twin Dragon
[1] Cyber End Dragon
[2] Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
[1] Chimeratech Overdragon
[2] Cyber Saurus
[2] Cyber Dragon Nova
[1] Constellar Pleidas
[1] No.61 Volcasaurus
[1] Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
[1] Diamond Dire Wolf
[1] No.50 Blackship of Corn
[1] Gaia Dragon, The Thunder Charger

There isn't really much to talk about the new cards as I believe that all of you should experiment with this deck yourselves to find out how much synergy this deck has. "Cyber Dragon Core" acts as a ROTA ROTA, searching out the ROTA "Cyber Repair Plant", while "Cyber Dragon Drei" is just.....amazing, providing instant access to level 5 for "Cyber Dragon Nova".

My choices of "Chronomaly Nebra Disk" and "Chronomaly Golden Jet" may raises a couple of eyebrows, but please don't stop reading, these 2 cards helps to provide Rank 5s really fast, and "Cyber Dragon Nova" as well. "Chronomaly Nebra Disk" searches as a ROTA for "Chronomaly Golden Jet" which can transform itself to level 5. When you have no monsters out, you can summon "Chronomaly Golden Jet" that will allow you to use "Chronomaly Nebra Disk's" effect to special summon itself from the graveyard, Xyzing for "Cyber Dragon Nova", which can then bring out another monster via its effect.

So far I find this build really fun to use. I hope everyone can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment