Sunday, 12 August 2012

Goodbye + Contest

Congratulations to Wesley for winning 4th at Worlds this year! You have really done our country proud!

Next I'll comment a little about the good stuff about this year's Worlds.

Firstly, I would like to say that this year's Worlds was very well-organised for both the players and the public (as what I can deduce from DS's photos from Worlds), the new Ustream thingy was a major plus point as we can see some dueling actions live, and I must say that I really like some of the side-events that they have this year.

Secondly, I also like the fact this year's Worlds have once again been won by an OCG country, and as OCG'ers, I'm sure that from whatever country we come from, everyone will be proud of this OCG victory.

Thirdly, the implementation of the Dragon Duel Championships was also a huge step ahead in moulding the future expert class players of yugioh, and though USA and Mexico fell short of the finals, I would like to express this comment to them if they would know, that you kids are really amazing to make it this far and there is nothing you should be ashamed or sad about. I'm sure that you guys would become the future pros of USA and Mexico!

Fourthly, the staff involved was also exceptionally professional, from wearing suits to the top-class commentary from the hard-working commentators (Japanese and English alike)

And next, some stuff that I didn't like.

Firstly, its about those online keyboard-heroes. It shows once again that people would complain about anything. When the Ustream first started and the commentaries were all in Japanese, there were tons of complainers on the forums bitching about why the commentaries were in Japanese and not English, and even to the extent to laughing at the female commentator use of repeated phrases. THIS EVENT IS HELD IN JAPAN! WHATS WRONG WITH THE COMMENTARIES IN JAPANESE! ITS ALREADY GOOD ENOUGH THAT THEY HIRED COMMENTATORS TO COMMENT ON THE MATCH, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, JUST MUTE THE VIDEO!!  The caps basically tells my attitude towards these people who would spend the whole day complaining non-stop. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Secondly, I really don't like it that USA gets to send 6 reps to Worlds, I understand that it is done via North America Qualifiers. But anybody would know that USA has the majority of the player pool in this qualifying championships and would most probably get most of the slots. This seems to me to be a conspiracy to send more American reps to Worlds. Please do not compare USA to Japan, because this game started in Japan and its only logical that the game originators will choose to send more reps to Worlds. To me, 4 USA reps like the previous years seems to be just enough as they have a large player pool. Having a north America qualifers seems to be just stepping upon Canada to send more American reps. What I propose is that USA does the same as previous years, sending 4 reps and letting the other North America countries join the Central Americas qualifiers and give Central America 3 slots instead of the usual 1 slot. This only seems fair to them.

Ok, and I'm pretty much done with commenting on Worlds, next up to explain about my post title, I am leaving the game temporary for the next 1 year plus to focus on my studies. However, I would still play yugioh on DN and keep up with the meta and continue blogging, just that I would be leaving the real life game scene.

This will be the first time that I'm taking such a long absence from this game and I would like to thank the many influences that I had, my friends who always gave me tips and advices, the players who were always generous in their trades, and also the amazing bloggers out there. I really enjoy the blog posts that you guys put up, such as K'yde from Digital Mortal, Baha and DS from dueling days, Eustace from Team Ygo Noobs, Mike from dueling legacy, LFN, Keith, Team insane tech yugioh & many more.

And such, before I go for this year-long break, I would like to host a contest. Just answer the 3 questions that I will be posting below, and one lucky winner will get to win these sleeves!


Lol actually I won these sleeves in a lucky draw today but its still a nice contest prize to give out XD
Furthermore, you would not need to pay for shipping, I would ship these to you for free if you are the lucky one chosen!
However, one condition is that I must receive more than 30 entries for this contest before the closing date, if not the contest would be invalid ( so get your friends to join as well!)

Alright, so the contest details are as follows, email your 3 answers to my contest email below:
alatorider@gmail.com

Include
1) your name
2) your country
3) blogs (if applicable, so I can link you up)
4) the 3 answers to the questions.

NOTE THAT THIS CONTEST WILL END ON THURSDAY (16TH AUGUST 2012) - 8pm Singapore time, GMT +8.00 hrs
The winner will be notified via email and then the winner would just need to reply back with your address and I would send out the prize.
The winner would be announced on my blog on the next post after 16th August 2012.
Time Extension for this contest's deadline till next Thursday 23rd August, pls refer to my newest blog post for more details.

And below are the questions,

Question 1: which card does the following partial image belong to (hint: one of my favourite cards)


Question 2: List 4 monsters which has the same attack/defense stats as stated below


Question 3: Which monster attributes would be able to destroy F.G.D (Five-Headed Dragon) in battle?


Submit yours answers to the email provided and if there is more than 30 entries, one lucky winner (with all correct answers) will be chosen to be the owner of this pack of sleeves! So get your friends to join as well.

NOTE THAT THIS CONTEST WILL END ON THURSDAY (16TH AUGUST 2012) - 8pm Singapore time, GMT +8.00 hrs
The winner will be notified via email and then the winner would just need to reply back with your address and I would send out the prize.
The winner would be announced on my blog on the next post after 16th August 2012.
Time Extension for this contest's deadline till next Thursday 23rd August, pls refer to my newest blog post for more details.

That is all for today, signing off :)

6 comments:

  1. D:
    you didn't tell me!
    Gah.. well hope you coming back to yugioh scene soon.. if the ff,brio list is real, it shows konami trying to balance the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yea, it slipped my mind today, but studies is still a more important priority right now haha. take part in my contest!

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with your studies and hopefully you'll return to the game soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks k'yde! i hope to return to real life dueling soon, and take part in my contest XD

      Delete
  3. Done! want those sleeves. :P
    GL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alright, received it! get your friends to take part in the conest as well haha

      Delete